8. Oktober 2015

Dinosaurs with Neocolor II

Welcome to "awecartoon", the blog of "awe"Adrian Weber !

I was asked to make suggestions of drawings made with Neocolor II representing dinosaurs. The aim was to create a new advertisement page for an Asian inflight magazine and the idea was to profit of the "Jurassic World" euphoria that started in the cinemas in early summer 2015.
I spent almost a day drawing dinosaurs, landscapes and the volcano with Neocolor II and waterbrush. In fact, I cheated a bit by using Neocolor I as well, especially for the dino's skin with the scratching Sgrafitto technique. Also for the thin black outlines, I used a common black plastic ballpoint pen 825 Caran d'Ache…



It was a tough "pregnancy", as this subject is not really my favourite, so I helped myself by scanning the characters and landscape parts and by composing them anew with the help of Photoshop. It was a nice exercise, but I'm not really sure that this picture will be chosen for the advert. No problem, if so.

Time spent: 7h

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen